This is an endowed fund for undergraduates which will provide scholarships of $2,000-7,000 each year for 2 to 3 undergraduates.
- Academically outstanding undergraduate enrolled full time in CLAS.
- Demonstrated financial need.
- Mathematics major or intending to declare a Mathematics major.
- Citizen or a legal resident (i.e., a Green Card holder).
- Preference is to be given to persons who are in the ROTC program or have served in the military.
Departmental Eligibility Criteria.
- A student is eligible to hold the scholarship in either or both of his or her last two academic years at UConn.
- Applicants must have completed at least four math courses at the 2000+ level before the semester in which they would hold the scholarship.
- Applicants must have a minimum overall GPA of 3.4 and a minimum GPA of 3.6 in math courses at the 2000+ level.
Fill in the Application Form and submit by e-mail or mail to Rachel D’Antonio (located in Monteith room 217) by Friday, March 15, 2019. Please include a short personal statement with your application stating why the scholarship is important to you and what you plan to do with your math degree.
Information about Bernard Sippin can be found here.
The past winners are listed below.
|2018||Tristan Knight, Edward Leardi|
|2017||Tristan Knight, Connor Occhialini|
|2016||Vincent Flynn, Tami Stawicki|
|2015||Casey Davis, Edward Novikov|
|2014||Ryan Gallagher, Amanda Groccia|
|2013||Brian Mulhall, Elizabeth Tripp|
|2012||Jonathan Bruneau, Anthony Quarella|
|2011||William Lindsay, Jr., Aaron Nelson, William Snider II|
|2010||Antoni Brzoska, Michael Ignatowich|