This is an endowed fund for undergraduates which will provide scholarships of $2,000-7,000 each year for up to three undergraduate students.
Applications are accepted and recipients decided every Spring semester. The recipients of this award will hold the scholarship beginning in the Fall semester of the following Academic Year.
- Academically outstanding undergraduate enrolled full-time in the UConn College of Liberal Arts and Sciences (CLAS).
- Demonstrated financial need.
- Mathematics major or intending to declare a Mathematics major.
- U.S. Citizen or a legal resident (i.e., a Green Card holder).
- Preference is to be given to persons who are in the ROTC program or have served in the military.
Departmental Eligibility Criteria:
- A student is eligible to hold the scholarship in either or both of their last two academic years at UConn.
- Applicants must have completed at least four math courses at the 2000+ level before the semester in which they would hold the scholarship.
- Applicants must have a minimum overall GPA of 3.4 and a minimum GPA of 3.6 in math courses at the 2000+ level.
Please fill in the Application Form and include a short personal statement with your application stating why the scholarship is important to you and what you plan to do with your math degree. The 2023-2024 application material must be received by e-mail to Rachel D’Antonio by 4:00 p.m. EST on Wednesday, April 5, 2023.
Information about Bernard Sippin can be found here.
|2023||Logan Borghi, Lauren Chance, Jesse Lisi, Leon Nguyen|
|2022||Logan Borghi, Taylor Czmyr, Jesse Lisi|
|2021||Chloé Becquey, Dennis Carambot, Jack Hanke|
|2020||Lisa Grieco, Elizabeth Canavan|
|2018||Tristan Knight, Edward Leardi|
|2017||Tristan Knight, Connor Occhialini|
|2016||Vincent Flynn, Tami Stawicki|
|2015||Casey Davis, Edward Novikov|
|2014||Ryan Gallagher, Amanda Groccia|
|2013||Brian Mulhall, Elizabeth Tripp|
|2012||Jonathan Bruneau, Anthony Quarella|
|2011||William Lindsay, Jr., Aaron Nelson, William Snider II|
|2010||Antoni Brzoska, Michael Ignatowich|