This is an endowed fund for undergraduates which will provide scholarships of $2,000-7,000 each year for up to three undergraduate students.
- Academically outstanding undergraduate enrolled full time in the UConn College of Liberal Arts and Sciences (CLAS).
- Demonstrated financial need.
- Mathematics major or intending to declare a Mathematics major.
- Citizen or a legal resident (i.e., a Green Card holder).
- Preference is to be given to persons who are in the ROTC program or have served in the military.
Departmental Eligibility Criteria.
- A student is eligible to hold the scholarship in either or both of his or her last two academic years at UConn.
- Applicants must have completed at least four math courses at the 2000+ level before the semester in which they would hold the scholarship.
- Applicants must have a minimum overall GPA of 3.4 and a minimum GPA of 3.6 in math courses at the 2000+ level.
Fill in the Application Form. It must be received by e-mail or mail to Rachel D’Antonio (341 Mansfield Rd, Storrs, CT 06269-1009) by 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, March 18, 2021. Please include a short personal statement with your application stating why the scholarship is important to you and what you plan to do with your math degree.
Information about Bernard Sippin can be found here.
The past winners are listed below.
|2021||Chloé Becquey, Dennis Carambot, Jack Hanke|
|2020||Lisa Grieco, Elizabeth Canavan|
|2018||Tristan Knight, Edward Leardi|
|2017||Tristan Knight, Connor Occhialini|
|2016||Vincent Flynn, Tami Stawicki|
|2015||Casey Davis, Edward Novikov|
|2014||Ryan Gallagher, Amanda Groccia|
|2013||Brian Mulhall, Elizabeth Tripp|
|2012||Jonathan Bruneau, Anthony Quarella|
|2011||William Lindsay, Jr., Aaron Nelson, William Snider II|
|2010||Antoni Brzoska, Michael Ignatowich|