The UConn Department of Mathematics is a center of excellence for mathematics education, offering a Ph.D. and two MS degree programs.
Located at one of the top public research universities in the U.S., the Department is home to more than 60 faculty members who are experts in a range of subfields, including actuarial science, algebra, analysis, geometry, logic, number theory, probability, and mathematics education.
Plan your future. Follow your dreams.
It is impossible to be a mathematician without being a poet in soul.
— Sofia Kovalevskaya
- ✔ PhD in Mathematics.
- ✔ MS in Mathematics (optional concentration in Actuarial Science).
- ✔ MS in Actuarial Science.
- ✔ MS in Applied Financial Mathematics (optional concentration in Actuarial Science).
What We Offer
- ✔ Wide range of research areas and world-class faculty.
- ✔ Supportive student-run TA network and mentor program.
- ✔ Friendly atmosphere, welcoming and inclusive environment.
- ✔ Professional development in both research and teaching methods.
Recent Ph.D. alumni obtained postdoctoral appointments at institutions such as Purdue University, UC Santa Barbara, University of Maryland, Simon Fraser University, Colorado State University, University of New Mexico, University of Southern California, and Brown University.
- ✔ Conference organizing.
- ✔ Publishing by faculty and graduate students (articles, books, surveys, and videos).
- ✔ Student chapters (AMS, AWM, SIAM).
- ✔ Grad student and department-wide social events.