Partial Differential Equations show up in almost all fields of exact sciences. Within this broad scope, research at UConn’s math department focuses mainly on the following topics:
- Linear partial differential equations and Brownian motion.
- Nonlinear Analysis: the Mountain Pass Theorem.
- The Gierer Meinhardt model.
- Bose Einstein condensates.
- Calculus of variations.
- Fully nonlinear partial differential equations and its applications to differential geometry and algebraic geometry.
- Geometric partial differential equations that arises naturally from mathematical general relativity.
- Elliptic and parabolic equations from materials science and continuum mechanics.