Professor Lozano-Robledo Launches Math Video Series for Kids

Algebra for Kids intro slide: what is algebra?

With most colleges around the country teaching online for the remainder of the year, faculty have quickly had to master new technologies and teaching methods to adapt their curricula to the web.

But UConn math professor Álvaro Lozano-Robledo is going the extra mile. In addition to the Applied Linear Algebra course he’s teaching this semester, Professor Lozano-Robledo has launched a new series of videos on YouTube aimed at introducing algebra to 3rd and 4th graders. The new series, entitled “Algebra for Kids”, features fun, colorful animations to explain key concepts like multiplication, grouping, variables, and equations.

“I have been trying to give my kids some extra math activities and material during the school-from-home era, so I started teaching my daughter some algebra,” explains Lozano-Robledo about how he got the idea. He adds, “It gives us something to do, and I imagine many other parents are looking for something like this for their kids to do.”

The first two videos are already racking up views. More are soon to follow, according to Lozano-Robledo.

This entry was posted in News.