These are scholarships awarded by the math department.

Scholarship information from CLAS can be found on its scholarship page. Two scholarships there of particular interest to math majors are

  • the Arwood S. and Mary Northby Scholarship, awarded alternately to entering female freshmen majoring in mathematics and upperclassmen majoring in one of the physical sciences. (Award Amount: $1,000)
  • the Grace Yeagle Scholarship in Math and Science Education, awarded to academically outstanding undergraduates majoring in math, life sciences, or physical sciences. A demonstrated commitment to teaching as a profession is also required. This award is renewable. (Award Amount: $500)

The following are scholarships awarded by outside organizations (some of these are described on the page of UConn’s Office of National Scholarships).

  • Barry M. Goldwater Scholarship is for sophomores or juniors majoring in math, science, or engineering. It is a tuition scholarship.
  • The Robert Noyce Scholarship Program supports qualified students with a baccalaureate or Master’s degree in mathematics to complete UConn’s one-year Teacher Certification Program for College Graduates (TCPCG).
  • The SMART Scholarship is aimed at students who will do research for the Department of Defense.
  • The NSF graduate fellowship is for students who are planning to attend graduate school and is open to US citizens, US nationals, or permanent residents. It is generally applied for in the last year of college, but you can apply in the first year of graduate school too.
  • The NDSEG graduate fellowship is for students who intend to go to graduate school. It is open to US citizens.